About Michelle Moyer
The Music in Motion Performing Arts Studios is building a landmark cultural arts resource for the greater Morgan Hill community. Organization founder, Michelle Moyer, dynamically brings a wealth of teaching and performance experience to her instruction and the center.
Meet Michelle Moyer
Michelle is passionate about teaching and helping young children grow as musicians and performers. She dynamically brings a wealth of teaching and performance experience to her instruction. Michelle, the founder and director of The Music In Motion, has created a program for children and people of all ages. Michelle performed at Tokyo Disney as a rock singer, on Norwegian Cruise lines and in Broadway productions she performed in “A Chorus Line,” “42nd Street,” and “Jesus Christ Super Star.” She shares and weaves her knowledge into her teaching creating an inspiring learning environment.
Michelle has worked with young children as a Music Together® educator for over 18 years and has her Level 1 Certification. She has a reputation for creating a safe, caring, and musically rich environment where children explore and engage in fun, developmentally appropriate activities. Her classes incorporate movement, rhythm instruments, and playful activities for the entire family to enjoy.
In addition to teaching preschool aged children, Michelle teaches elementary students focusing on music appreciation, theory, history and performance skills. She currently teaches music in the Morgan Hill Unified School District.
The Music In Motion has several after-school music programs both for experienced and inexperienced performers in TK through 12th grade. The Music in Motion’s various groups focus on both music and movement. During her music rehearsals, Michelle facilitates a positive, focused, and energized environment that maximizes the potential of every child. Her students have performed locally in Morgan Hill’s Annual Holiday Parade. They were the featured group for the candle lighting holiday tree ceremony and they perform at local festivals.
In addition to her group classes, Michelle also teaches private voice and piano lessons to students of all levels. Her private voice students have had the opportunity to take the stage at the popular Friday Night Summer Music Series in downtown Morgan Hill.
- Joyously share music
- Broaden appreciation of music
- Teach music skills
- Develop students’ performance skills
- Create a safe, caring, inspiring environment
- Music minor, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Scarlet & Cream Singers; University Singers
- Bachelor of Arts, Pepperdine University, Magna Cum Laude, Golden Key Society
- Music Together Teacher Level One Certification (Teacher Trainer Certification)
- Actor’s Equity Member; Jesus Christ Superstar; 42nd Street; A Chorus Line
- Song and Dance; Tokyo Disneyland, Tomorrow Land Rock singer; Scarlet & Cream Singers UNL; Sound of Music
- Nutcracker Ballet; The King and I; Fiddler on the Roof; Guys and Dolls; Finian’s Rainbow
- Don Juan; World’s of Fun, Tivoli Theater Musical Review
- Music Together, 17 yrs.
- Mount Madonna Music Director, 1 yr.
- Morgan Hill Unified Schools District, vocal music instruction, 5+ yrs
- Private Voice, Piano, The Music in Motion, 8 yrs